Donations Raised Through
Effective Date: January 1, 2021
Last Updated Date: June 23, 2022
Your privacy is important to ASSERT The Second Responders INC. (“ASSERT,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”).
2901 Park Avenue, Suite D-3
Soquel, CA 95073
- (888) 277-3780
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors to the Website who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Houndtowne and We learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, We will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that We might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.
- (a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, picture, phone numbers, any relevant background information, credit card and billing information and password when you create an account to log in to Our network and/or when you order Products through our Website (“Account”).
- If we offer a mobile application that you access on your mobile device, We may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points on our Website that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- (b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make Our Website more useful to you, Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, We use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow Us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell Us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that We are sending only messages that are of interest to Our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Our users’ Personal Data.
- Mobile Services. In the event that We offer a mobile application, We may also collect nonpersonal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded Our mobile application. This information is generally used to help Us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the mobile application and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event Our mobile application crashes on your mobile device, We may receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows Us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of Our mobile application. This information is sent to Us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
6. Use of Your Personal Data (a) General Use. In general, the Personal Data you submit to Us is used to respond to requests that you make, to aid Us in serving you better, improving our Product, providing the Website to you. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on Our network;
- facilitate and process payments you make for Products that you purchase on the Website;
- improve the quality of experience when you use our Website;
- send you a Welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Website, Product and services made available by third parties and for other marketing purposes of Houndtowne.
- (a) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Website, including to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to ASSERT.
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding Use of information that you provide when accessing the Website and/or ordering or purchasing the Product:
- (b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from the Website for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the Websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to Use all portions of the Website or all functionality of the Website. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let Us know at the contact information provided above.
- (c) Changing, Requesting or Deleting Your Personal Data. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account by contacting Us or by editing their profile via the Website. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated, and you may no longer be able to utilize the Website. We will Use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. The Directive gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to exercise this right in accordance with the Directive, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org (“ASSERT Privacy Contact”). You may send requests about Personal Data to Our ASSERT Privacy Contact. You can request to change contact choices, optout of our sharing with others, and update your Personal Data.
- (d) NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83 A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING HELP@SHELTERLUV.COM. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONLY ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
- (e) Mobile Applications. In the event that We offer a mobile application and You choose to download and use such mobile application, You can stop all collection of information by the mobile application(s) by uninstalling the mobile application(s). You may Use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
10. Security. The security of your Personal Data is important to Us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, We cannot guarantee it’s absolute security. If you have any questions about security on Our Website, you can contact Us at email@example.com.
© 2022 ASSERT INC. | Copyright